If you are looking into getting your first starter kit, you may notice something – there are a lot of choices out there. While having a big selection to choose from is nice, it can almost seem overwhelming. Obviously by now you realize there are plenty of brands around.
So how can you make a choice? Here are a few suggestions:
- Read up on the different brands that are available. This will help you understand what each one has to offer.
- Make a list of the most important factors for you to have when it comes to your starter kit. For example, maybe you really want to have as many fancy fruit flavors as possible, be able to get a kind with zero nicotine and be able to use your device with a USB adapter. It is important to make sure whatever type you choose offers what you want in your device.
- Narrow down your search by limiting to the top three to five brands. Now you can do even more research. Begin to read reviews of what other users are saying. Although you can’t make your decision based on what one person has to say, look for a pattern. If a large percentage of users are complaining about the battery life of a certain brand, you may want to go another route.
- Look for special offers. If you are having trouble narrowing down your top three to five choices to the final one, you can shop around. Look for online coupons, sales or special offers available from the brands you are considering. In fact, you could consider sending an email to the brand you want the most and asking if they have any specials to sweeten the deal. If you tell them you are considering one of the competitors with a lower price, you may be able to negotiate a better deal.
- Consider the guarantee as well. Most people are more comfortable trying a brand that offers a 100% no questions asked, money back guarantee. This should help you feel better about trying a new brand if you know you can return it if you don’t like it. If a company can’t stand behind their product, there could be a reason for it.
Beyond the Brand
Aside from choosing brands, you will also have different choices of starter kits within the brands, in most cases. A kit can be bare bones basic or over-the-top with whistles and bells. The difference will show in the price, of course, but it all depends on what you want and what your budget looks like.
So what are some differences you may see?
- Deluxe kits – Although these come with a higher price tag it usually means you won’t need to buy anything other than e-juice or cartridges later. One feature included is usually an extra battery, which many frequent users end up buying at some point anyway. You may also have a USB charger, adapter and even some cartridges. It depends on the brand and how elaborate their deluxe kit is.
- Basic kit – This usually includes just what you need to get started with your new smokeless device. You should get at least the two or three part device, a charger and usually a travel case.
- Other options – Some bands offer other options, usually somewhere in between the basic and the deluxe. One example is the popular couples’ package that gets two people set up with everything they need to get started with this new hobby.
The bottom line is that while you may not want to spend too much money, you should also be realistic about your use. For example if you know you are going to use your device on the go a lot, then it would be wise to go ahead and get the kit that includes an extra battery and stylish travel case. Even if you end up spending more than you planned on your starter kit you are usually saving money in the long run.
Most kits reduce the amount of what each included component costs, so it still ends up cheaper getting the kit with two batteries than buying that second battery later. Remember to look for deals or even contact a brand to try to get a better deal. Even if you can get free shipping it means saving money.
Watch for brands that offer deals that are “too good to be true” though. More than likely there will end up being some sort of catch. Many companies offer free shipping or even a free device and in return you have to sign up for auto-renewal for cartridges or e-juice. Just be aware of what you are getting into because some of these companies make it next to impossible to get out of auto-renewal once you are signed up.