There was a time not even that long ago that smoking a traditional tobacco cigarette was considered enjoyable, soothing and even cool. More recent discoveries concerning health hazards have taken much of the potential enjoyment out of old school smoking.
In fact, smoking quickly went from cool to banned in no time at all. Smokers were forced to light up outside and even then the looks they got were of disapproval. The recent spike in popularity of electronic devices has managed to change things a bit.
What Is It Exactly?
Many people still don’t even know what a smokeless device is or what vaping means. This market has managed to attract plenty of people who never even smoked traditional tobacco cigarettes. So it leaves many people wondering what the heck it is.
- Vaping is the act of inhaling vapor instead of smoke. The elements of the device work together to heat up e-juice or e-liquid in order to produce a water vapor type of substance. The e-juice, e-liquid or cartridges also include flavoring that can range from tobacco to menthol to something much more exotic such as fun, fruit flavors.
In fact people get very into this hobby and begin to try different flavors or collect different devices and accessories to get a full experience for vaping. This is certainly one of the reasons vaping has become a more modern version of an old habit. This should be more of a hobby, not a habit.
Making the Choice
The first thing people often wonder is how to decide which device to buy. With so many on the market it seems that starting this relaxing, modern habit can be overwhelming. What most new users do is get acquainted with the market first. This is easy to do online as you can read reviews and compare brands. There are usually reviews that cover major details of the device or experience such as:
- Quality of product
- Fullness of vapor
- Flavor quality
- Flavor choices
- Battery life
- Price or value for starter kit
- Style or look of the device and packaging
- Accessories available
- And other elements that influence the user’s overall experience
Every user’s experience is unique. So while one user only cares about tobacco flavored cartridges, another may want a brand that offers a wide variety of flavors including fruit, cola or coffee. One user may care very little about what the e-cig looks like while another likes the all black look with a glowing blue tip to look good for a night on the town.
Keep some of these details in mind when making your own decision. Decide what is most important to you, and don’t settle for less. There are plenty of options out there to consider.
For some people this new hobby really is a DIY type experience. You have the choice of buying flavor cartridge refills or choosing flavored e-juice and filling cartridges yourself. This is often what people do who want to blend flavors and create their own unique flavors.
Keep in mind too that flavor isn’t the only thing to consider. There are some liquids or cartridges that do not contain nicotine. If you do not specifically look for zero nicotine, you may actually be ordering refills that are higher in nicotine than standard cigarettes. Be an informed consumer so you can make the best choice possible.
If you are finally ready to start vaping there are some basic steps involved before ordering your first device, such as:
- Do your homework. Read reviews and feedback from other customers. Find out what brands score well and which are not worth considering.
- Know what you want in a smokeless device. If you know the top three to five things you want in your starter kit, it will make narrowing down the choices that much easier. This means you should be able to have it down to your top five possible selections.
- Compare prices. Look for online deals, coupons or promo offers on the brands you are considering. Before placing your order, it is important to know you are getting the best price for what you want.
- You may even want to compare shipping before making a decision. Make sure the shipping price and time is up to your standards. Also make sure none of the brands you are considering have complaints about getting ripped off on the shipping. It all comes down to making sure you actually get what is promised to you.
Be careful about taking offers that require you to do auto billing for merchandise. That doesn’t mean they are all bad deals, just be aware of what you are getting yourself into. Many brands offer free shipping or even a free device by signing up on an auto-renewal for future orders. This usually means once a month you get a refill order without having to place it. The trouble can be trying to get out of that agreement once it is set up. Be an informed consumer and enjoy your new vaping hobby.