It doesn’t matter how you look at it, smoking is not beneficial to your health. As well, any time you are introducing a toxic substance to your body there are chances of side effects.
Even though electronic cigarettes are thought to be the safer way to smoke, that still doesn’t mean they are going to work for everyone. Here are few situations in which these cigarettes should be avoided.
- Minors – Shame on you! If you are under the age of 18, it is illegal for you to smoke. Life is tough enough as it is, why would you want to make it tougher? That’s the logical reasoning and now for the legal one. The majority of e-cigarettes contain nicotine, which is a relaxant. If you are under the age of 18 just leave the these products alone and go play a game of basketball with your buddies instead.
- Allergies – Of course if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients in a mechanical cigarette you shouldn’t smoke them. The majority of e-cigarettes have nicotine as the main ingredient, but you should read the manual because some might contain others. If you’ve got an allergy to nicotine, then you’re just going to have to smoke ones that are nicotine-free or find another habit!
- Legal – Make sure you know your local laws because some places don’t permit these cigarettes. Keep this in mind also if you are planning a trip to a foreign country. If these cigarettes are illegal in that country, do not attempt to smoke them.
- Pregnant – If you are pregnant and even thinking about smoking anything you need to think again. And although electric cigarettes are thought to be the ‘safer’ smoke, some contain high levels of nicotine that could seriously harm your unborn child. An undue risk placed upon an unborn baby knowingly says a whole lot about the mother-to-be!
- Asthma – People with breathing difficulties such as asthma should not smoke these mechanical cigarettes, regardless of the belief they are less harmful than the traditional tobacco cigarette.
- Heart Disease – If you have heart issues, the last thing you should be doing is smoking, not even an e-cig. But of course you already know that! The vapors that are nicotine, or even the ones that aren’t, can have negative effects of the body and this should always come into play when decided to smoke e-cigs or not.
- Diethylene Glycol – Another name for this is anti-freeze, and yes it’s found in e-cigarettes. It is, in fact, toxic and is cause for concern when inhaling. This is likely the major side effect of e-cigs.
- Toxic – These cigarettes also have compounds known to cause cancer such as nitrosamines. Breaking the cigarette can expose you to numerous harmful substances.
- Poor Marketing – Some consider it bad marketing strategies to advertise mint, chocolate and orange flavors with these cigarettes. Of course their thought is they are attracting children into the smoking business, a definite no-no!
- Traditional Nicotine – Regardless, experts argue that e-cigarettes contain nicotine, same as regular cigarettes. Nicotine is harmful to people. With an electronic cigarette, a long drag can actually cause you to suck some of this liquid nicotine into your mouth. This of course is extremely dangerous.
- Tetremethylpyrazine – This substance has been found in e-cigarettes, and long-term exposure to it can cause brain damage. That is something that needs to be considered seriously.
- Abuse – There has been speculation that using these mechanical devices can facilitate drug use. Reports say the liquid nicotine can be swapped for THC, which is a very popular marijuana resin. Of course, if addictive drugs are used in e-cigarettes, this can be detrimental to your health. Causing your health to dwindle further rather than improve as it was meant to with these cigarettes. Bottom line is e-cigarettes aren’t positive for your health.
- The Price Is Right – Making these cigarettes cheaper in the long run than the traditional cigarette has experts worried that it is a plus for people to start the habit. If this habit is made affordable for the younger population, we may have created another issue altogether.
- False Sense of Security – Just because one product is thought to be better than another does not mean it is good for you. The same thing applies here. Even though all indicators are pointing to the idea that e-cigarettes are ‘better’ for you than the traditional ones, it has yet to be proven. This product is so new to the market that studies have yet to be conclusive on the pluses and minuses of the e-cigarette. Even though things are looking good, the proof has yet to be found.
As with everything in life, you need to consider all the information before deciding whether it’s right for you or not. The same considerations apply with these cigarettes.