One of the benefits of buying an electronic cigarette is that you have a variety of shopping and buying options. In fact, almost everywhere you turn these days it seems you can purchase your e-cig. From gas stations to mall kiosks to the ease of online shopping, there are certainly plenty of ways to shop. This also leaves people wondering if it makes a difference how one shops for their device, refills, accessories or other things related to this product.
Does It Really Matter?
When it comes to shopping either online or offline for your smokeless device there are just a few things you should keep in mind. These details may help you make a decision about where to do your buying, although there is nothing wrong with doing a little shopping both online or off.
- Shopping online gives you the opportunity to research brands and compare competitors with much more ease. You can also read reviews to help compare brands and make the best decision for you. Even if you are determined to buy offline, you should first do research and read reviews online.
- You have a much wider variety to choose from when you shop online. When you shop at a convenience store or mall kiosk, you are limited by what they carry. You can, however, use the internet to try to locate a place near you that sells your favorite brand or the one you are most interested in trying so you can buy it person.
- You can set up easy auto refill purchases online. Many companies encourage shoppers to set up an auto-plan so you get your things like cartridge refills without having to waste time placing the order. This can be helpful so you don’t run out of your favorite flavor. In fact some companies reward shoppers with incentives such as free shipping to encourage getting into an auto-order type program.
- You can look for better deals, specials or even coupons. When you browse online for buying an electronic cigarette, you can look for even better deals. When you shop in person you are basically stuck with whatever the merchant has priced it at. If you are determined to shop in person, at least look for coupons you can find online and print to use at your local seller.
- You may even be able to find free trials online. Again this is often part of a company’s incentive plan to get you to set up and auto-payment plan, but it could work out well for you in the long run. Some brands offer free flavors to try or your first cartridges free to encourage you to shop with them. You may even be able to find brands that offer free devices, but make sure you are not getting into anything that could end up more headache than rewards.
Other Things to Think about
One thing to be aware of is to make sure you are careful when shopping online for e-cigs just as you should be with making any online purchases. There are some things to be careful about when it comes to shopping for these smokeless devices online to make sure you avoid potential scams. Some things to watch for include:
- Giving out any financial information you are uncomfortable with sharing. Make sure you know about a company or can verify its existence before simply giving out all of your personal financial information. If possible, use companies people you know have also used.
- Be aware of what you are getting yourself into. Some companies may offer great incentives to become part of their auto-refill program, but there are some scams out there. For instance some companies promise to send a free starter mechanism but you have to pay shipping. Once you hand over your credit card or checking information you find out that the device is not on its way but plenty of unfamiliar charges to your account are.
- The same thing goes for getting involved with an auto-payment plan that won’t let you out easily. Some consumers have had problems with certain companies when it comes to trying to get out of those automatic charges. You may request to put an end to these charges and find yourself still contacting the company to stop charging you three months later.
- Protect yourself by doing your research first. Next, you can also talk to your bank or credit card company to find out how you can protect yourself before going into an auto-pay agreement. Finally, it may be a wise idea to use a credit card as opposed to you checking because you can always dispute the charges instead of having your bank account drained.
Keep in mind too that you may want to work with a company that has a money back guarantee in case you don’t like it. This should apply whether you buy your device online or offline.